Funeral Arrangements Sydney
Planning a funeral is both a difficult and necessary part of the process when a death occurs. Making funeral arrangements is also an important step in the grieving and healing process, so it’s important to work with a funeral director you trust and can communicate openly with.
An experienced funeral director will understand that the loss of a loved one can be overwhelming, even if the death was expected. They will know that in many cases, no amount of pre-planning or prior discussion can prepare you for the emotions that occur when confronted with the finality of death. A good funeral director will also expect you to struggle with the decision-making process and guide you through it with as much support and advice as you need.
There are many facets to planning a funeral, but not all of them need to be handled by you. A funeral director will streamline the process, so you have space to grieve and work through your emotions. Below is an outline of the specific decisions that will need to be made. Bear in mind that a funeral director can make many of these arrangements once you’ve made the major decisions.
Funeral Planning Decisions
There are many funeral planning checklists available online, but at Academy Funeral Services, we try and make things easier for you by simplifying the process without limiting your options. We want to give your loved one a truly memorable service that is in keeping with their wishes. After you’ve chosen a local funeral director, here are some of the major decisions that will need to be made.
- Burial or cremation
- Location of the funeral including date and time
- Type of service ( for example a religious service or non-traditional life celebration)
- Who is officiating and who will deliver eulogies
- Clothes for the deceased and whether there will be a viewing
- Type of music, flowers, photos and/or other decorations
- Floral tributes, a donation to a charity or other requests of mourners
- Transport arrangements
- Location and catering arrangements if you are having a gathering after the service